Sunday, September 12, 2010

Maiden Blog Post

It’s hard to believe I’m actually blogging! It’s something I didn’t anticipate doing, however I’m excited to get started with. Truth be told, I had to start this blog to satisfy the criteria for the major assignment for my EDES 501 course in the Teacher-Librarianship master’s program I’m in, but I’m really having a lot of fun with it. There’s something powerful yet very mysterious about publishing online. I keep wondering who will get their eyes on my blog, and what they are reading it for. I’m intrigued by the idea that this post can potentially be read by people all around the world. I know, I know...I’m no big name in blogging (yet), but the potential for international readership is there!

As my blog’s name indicates, I’m no technology expert. I’m just your average elementary/middle school teacher who admittedly under uses technology in both my personal and professional lives. After all I got my first cell phone when I was 23 and have never owned an ipod! Over the next few months I’m going to be exploring many Web 2.0 tools and hopefully (...hopefully) I’ll begin employing them at home and/or school.  Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment